Thursday, December 6, 2007

Oh how I love Paris

Wow... I just realized that in all of the hustle and bustle of getting my recent portrait sessions up on my blog I never had a chance to post photos from our trip to Paris this fall. Paris is hands down my absolute favorite city! I love love love everything about it and I was so happy to get to spend several days there at the end of our Normandy trip this fall.

Here are just a couple of my favorites... oh how I wish I could go back again :)

Paris is so gorgeous at night.

paris15

My favorite museum in the city is the Musee d'Orsay. I love the art in the museum but even better is the architecture. It's a fabulous place to stroll around in.

paris18

And of course the obligatory stop at the Louvre.

paris17

The funny thing we noticed on this trip was how few people actually look at the artwork itself. Most people are either watching it through their cameras... or like these people... reading about it in their book instead of forming their own opinions about it.

paris6

paris9

Some of the paintings in the Louvre amaze me simply for their enormous scale. These ones are even bigger than life size.

paris7

We can't go to Paris without stopping by our old neighborhood. Oh the memories :) This is the street Ben and I lived on back when we we got engaged. It's gone quite upscale since we left.

paris19

And since we were in our old neighborhood we HAD to stop by our favorite bakery which makes these delicious mini breads filled with tasty treats like olives or goat cheese. Mmmmm.

paris14

If there's one thing Parisians know how to do it's enjoy a park. We spent much of our trip relaxing in the various gardens and enjoying the sunshine. Some of our favorite parks are not the big tourist ones but a bit off the beaten path. This is the parc des buttes-chaumont.

paris13

We also happened to stumble across a fantastic exposition going on called photo-quai which (not surprisingly) was installed along the quai near the new Musee Quai Branly (which on a side note is absolutely horrendous.... although I'm the first to admit that I can't stand Jean Nouvel)

paris12

paris11

On this trip Ben and I formally decided that our suspicions were true and that yes, France is the future. Tiny fuel efficient cars, smart chip credit cards, and now this... digital tags in the grocery stores. Very very futuristic :)

paris20

One last shot... gorgeous candles in the Notre Dame cathedral.

paris10

What an amazing trip and even though we just returned I can't wait until I get another chance to go back. Destination wedding anyone?

3 comments:

Christine Farah Photography said...

Awww I am so jealous! I love the last shot so beautiful. :)

Deb said...

Beautiful photos. Oh, I want to go back. Looks like you had a wonderful time.

Danielle said...

Beautiful photos! I just love the one of the Mona Lisa. She a very cool perspective! ++