Friday, October 26, 2007

Why I love where I live

With all of the fires I think people have been feeling down about southern California and the fact that with the dry weather fires are pretty much a given every fall. I thought I'd just throw out a couple of photos that Ben and I took a few of weeks ago when we ran to the beach on a whim at sunset. I love the fact that I live a mile or so from the beach. I love that it's warm enough all year round to go out by the ocean chase each other around the sand like little kids. And I love California.

Enough chatter... here are a couple of my favorites:

day at the beach

I asked Ben to stand still for a second to try out something with my lens... and instead of standing still he jumped up and flopped over in the sand unannounced. Lesson learned: f1.8 is not good for capturing someone who is flailing backwards away from me. I really wish this shot was more in focus... but I still think it's funny!

day at the beach

And I think these are pretty funny too. Like I said... we only go to the beach to goof around. What good is a beach if you don't use it?

day at the beach

day at the beach

Cheesy self-portrait... I think we have one of these of ourselves at every tourist spot we've ever been to!

day at the beach

I shot this one of Ben....

day at the beach

While he was taking this movie of me... we got a flip video recorder and it's been pretty entertaining!




Ben took this one of me... I look pretty ridiculous but I think I make ridiculous faces a lot so it's probably more likely you'd catch me looking like this than not.

day at the beach

After the sun set we headed home... but I couldn't help but think how lucky we are... I love California. End cheesiness now :)

day at the beach

1 comment:

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

" I love the fact that I live a mile or so from the beach. I love that it's warm enough all year round to go out by the ocean chase each other around the sand like little kids. And I love California."
WE LIVE A COUPLE MILES FROM THE BEACH AND COULDN"T AGREE MORE WITH WHAT YOU SAID! SOCAL RULES!!