Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Lizette & Riley album slideshow

You may remember Lizette and Riley's wedding from the beginning of September. I had such a blast photographing on the day of their wedding but one of my favorite things to do is to go home afterwards and look through all the wonderful images.

The best part of my job is being able to tell the story of this once in a lifetime day and the best way to do that is through an album. Having a disc of images is never going to compete with having an album because a disc of images is overwhelming and doesn't have any narrative direction to it. The only way to really remember your wedding is to flip through a beautiful book laid out to tell the story of your day. I had so much fun putting together the album for this wedding that I thought I'd share the first version of it here with you. The images might be a little bit small so feel free to click here to see the full size version.

I hope you enjoy!




4 comments:

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

katy, at the risk of sounding ..fabUlous! your album looks fabulous!

gabriel ryan said...

the album really does tell the story. and, i love page 7 (the full page shot with the bride and her bouquet). do you do your own album design, or do you outsource?

katy said...

Hey guys, thanks for the comments!
Gabriel, I use Adobe InDesign for my album layouts. Feel free to send me an email if you want any help or info on getting started with using InDesign!

rowena said...

Wow Katy! Wow!